Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend With Nana

Had a fun weekend with the Nead grandkids this weekend. Rebecca's brother got married in Montana so she went with her parents to the wedding and Kelly had to work, so considering my only life is the grandkids, I got to babysit for the weekend. What a fun time we had. They were dropped off early Sat. morning and all morning played with my many unused toys I have in the back room. The girls loved the Barbies and Keayen spent most of his time with the legos. He did set up the horses and soldiers and begged Tally to play battle with him, but she was busy. I wished Max, Reed and Will had of been here as they would have had a great time. As it was, Keayen had to battle himself and that wasn't as much fun as battling someone else. The other boys would have had a great time with him, and the little girls would have loved playing princess, Barbies, and getting all dolled up with Nana's glitter eye liner that she used when she was the Statue of Liberty in a 24th July parade.
A little after noon, we packed the toys away and headed for Burger King for lunch. They were a little disappointed to find out there were no toys to play on, but little do they know that we are lucky to even have a Burger King let alone climbing toys. Off to the brand new Kings store that just opened in the valley about a month ago. They have a huge selection of toys and it was a hard decision on what one toy they got to buy. But, they were really good not to beg for more than one, and once the selection was made, off we went to my school to play for a while. On the way back to town, we watched three jets take off and circle around Driggs. It was pretty impresive to be so close to the runway (right next to my school). There was a crowd at the airport so it must have been something special as this is a private airport and no commercial planes can land here. I am anxious for our weekly paper to come out to see what the planes were doing.
Off to the grocery store to pick out what to eat for dinner. Keayen insisted we have something nutritious when I suggested pizza so he ended up picking spagetti and meatballs. Sounded good to me, so off to the canned spagetti and he couldn't understand how spagetti and meatballs could come in a can. He doesn't seem to know how Nana cooks. I have to admit, a lot of time was spent in the kitchen - which I am not used to - so I didn't want to waste precious time doing homemade spagetti. They enjoyed the canned stuff though and even ate the mixed vegetables I fixed them. They were good sports about the food. I forget how much time you have to spend in the kitchen cooking then cleaning it all up. Thank goodness for the diswasher. I don't remember if I had one when I was raising my own children. I sure hope so.
The girls were really good to let me comb and fiddle with their hair. It is so like my two girl's hair. Every time I looked at them, I thought of my two little girls and their curly hair. I think they were patient with me as their reward for letting me mess with the hair was putting on the glittery eye liner. I sent them home all dolled up. I would have never done that with my two girls, that was "grown-up" stuff, but grandchildren are a whole different story. It's probably a good thing they don't live with me. I'm sure I am not the only grandparent that spoils the grandkids. I haven't talked to any of my friends that don't do the same thing. Thats what makes grandparents special.
Sunday morning Kelly came to pick them up after a peaceful nights sleep. They all got to sleep by each other and had a quiet night. We had breakfast together and I got to fix their hair again, then back with the glitter. I hope their mother doesn't care they returned home pretty glittered up. They loved it.
All in all, it was a memorable weekend and they were good kids. I can't recall one complaint for one fight between them. Thanks Nead's for sharing your children with me.
Next weekend a trip to Boise is planned to spend Halloween with the Spencer Nead's. I have been trying to talk the Crossley's into coming down, but I think they have other plans. Halloween at the Nead house is always fun. I'll never forget the time Spencer forced Max to wear the frog costume then insisted he go trick or treating. I don't think there will be any forcing this weekend. I'm looking forward to getting out of our cold weather. Snow predicted for tonight. I am not ready for winter. Later!!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Yes you had a dishwasher, named NICHOLE