Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I know I haven't posted for a while. By the time I read all my e-mails and try to clean them up, it is time for me to head for bed. But, I need to post about my past weekend. It was Mother's Day and probably the best I have experienced. First, on Friday night I got to watch my two boys play basketball together again. Spence entered a team in a scholarship tournament and Friday they played two games. It sure wasn't like high school but was still enjoyable. I missed the huge crowd cheering for them but all good things pass.
Friday night, Spence, Kelly, Becca and baby Boston all spent the night at my little one-bathroom home. We had late-night pizza and visited into the night. Great memories. Thanks Becca and Kelly for staying at my house.
Saturday, I left for Boise to get there in time for Max's last football game. Nichole and I arrived right at 3 p.m. at the wrong field. Luckily we weren't far from the regular field and I got there in time to see Max get a touchdown. As much as watching Max play, I enjoy watching Spencer coach. For the Teton Terror, he is mighty patience with those little boys. Of course, it's easy when your team is always winning. I'm sure it means a lot to Max to have his dad coach. He probably doesn't realize how lucky he is. None of my children had that opportunity but I can't change that as much as I would like to. Too bad for the dad. He missed a great deal.
After the game, we all went to Applebees for a wonderful meal. Nichole had her boys with her and we had a fun time all together. I only eat out when I visit Boise so it was a real treat for me.
Sunday, we got to church at 9 a.m. which wasn't easy. I felt Summer should have had the day off being Mother's Day but once we got to church her job was pretty much over for the day. Spence ditched church for a while and went home and picked up the house so it was clean when we returned home. He then cooked a fabulous meal for his mother and his children's mother. The sun was shining (something I am not used to here in the mountains) so we ate outside and enjoyed the weather. Spence and I then cleaned up while Summer got to sit and visit with the neighbors. It was a nice relaxing day.
On Sunday, I arrived at a new place in my life. I received Sainthood. After church, one of the counselors in the bishopric came right down to me and introduced himself. I was a little taken aback but he said he had to come meet Spencer's mother. He said anyone that raised a son like Spence had to be a saint. I took that as a compliment which is what I hoped he meant. He did mention that his son idolized Spence so I am assuming he was giving me a huge compliment. So, now you can just refer to me as "Saint Nancy."
I spent the night and travelled home at my leisure on Monday. It was raining the whole way so I was glad I took in as much sun as I could the day before.
All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. Thanks to my other children for the texts and phone calls. Nichole gave me a Biggest Loser Book (is that a hint) and Spence and Summer gave me a great photo book. I had a hard time getting through it for the tears. What a great family I have. Jess sent me a book with inspirational stories that I love already. I think I am the luckiest mother ever.
So, down in the books go my Mother's Day 2010. I wish I had pictures but I can't revive my camera after freezing it in McCall at Christmas. That is next on my shopping list.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

You have such a great life Teton Nana!